- Nigeria: Musician Dbanj Welcomes Son, Daniel[Guardian] Music superstar Dbanj and his wife Didi Lineo, have welcomed their first child.Dbanj took to his Instagram handle on Friday to share the first photo of their baby - a son named Daniel Oyebanjo III.
- Africa: President Uhuru Kenyatta's Address at the G7 Summit, Italy[Kenya Presidency] Distinguished Guests,
- Tanzania: Ban On Plastic Bags Hailed[Daily News] THE Royal Norwegian Ambassador to Tanzania, Hanne-Marie Kaarstad, has commended the government's decision to ban plastic bags.
- South Africa: Six Member Team for Mountain Bike World Champs[Sascoc] A six-strong South African side has been named to do duty at this year's UCI Mountain Bike Marathon World Championships.
- Nigeria: Authorities Intercept Dried Cannabis Shipped From Ghana[Premium Times] Anti-narcotic officials with Seme Border Command of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Lagos have intercepted 5,863 kilogrammes of compressed dried weeds that tested positive for cannabis.
- South Africa: President Zuma's Recall Not On Executive's Agenda - General Secretary[News24Wire] The recall of president Jacob Zuma is not on the national executive committee's agenda says African National Congress Secretary General Gwede Mantashe.
- South Sudan: Veteran Journalist Rejects Kiir's Job Offer Amid Media Crackdown[East African] A South Sudanese veteran journalist, Alfred Taban, has declined President Salva Kiir's appointment to the National Dialogue Committee amid media crackdown.
- Rwanda: No Poll Campaign Posts Without Rwandan Electoral Body's Nod[East African] Candidates in Rwanda's August election have to seek approval from the electoral commission for each campaign message they craft, before posting it on social media platforms.
- South Sudan: Warring Sides Sign Peace Deal As Dialogue Begins[East African] South Sudan's warring parties on Friday signed an undertaking to work on a roadmap for the implementation of the 2015 Arusha Agreement and end the war.
- South Africa: Time Up for Sexual Offenders?[Bhekisisa] A test lawsuit will determine whether the time limit on reporting sexual assault will be lifted.
- UntitledEgypt Launches Air Raids on Libya After Christians KilledBy Ahmed Aboulenein | CAIROReutersEgyptian air force planes on Friday carried out strikes directed at camps in Libya which Cairo says have been training militants who killed dozens of Christians earlier in the day, Egyptian military sources said.Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi said he had ordered strikes […]
- UntitledEDITORIAL COMMENT: Africa Must Now Fight for Economic EmancipationMay 26, 2017Opinion & AnalysisZimbabwe ChronicleYesterday, the Mother Continent celebrated the 54th anniversary of the founding of the Organisation of African Unity (OAU), now African Union (AU).May 25 of every year is important for Africans as it marks a day when the OAU was formed in 1963 […]
- UntitledAfrica at the Crossroads: AU Commemorates 54th Year While Challenges MountFrom Egypt and Nigeria to Somalia and South Africa the crises of the post-colonial states are exemplifiedBy Abayomi AzikiweEditor, Pan-African News WireTuesday May 23, 2017May 25 marks the 54th anniversary of the formation of the Organization of African Unity (OAU), the predecessor to the African […]
- UntitledAfrica at the Crossroads Part II--AU Must Advance Program to Reverse the Political and Economic CrisesLessons learned for the 54th anniversary from Tunisia and Libya to Zimbabwe, Namibia and AngolaBy Abayomi AzikiweEditor, Pan-African News WireWednesday May 24, 2017Another series of mass demonstrations have taken place in the North African state of Tunisia where the uprisings […]
- UntitledAbayomi Azikiwe, PANW Editor, Interviewed Over Television Continental (TVC) Discussing the Visit of U.S. President Trump to Saudi Arabia and PalestineWatch this interview with Abayomi Azikiwe, editor of the Pan-African News Wire, over Television Continental (TVC) based in Lagos, Nigeria.To view the segment just click on the website below:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZSohhtkoag&feature=youtu.beThe segment examined United States President Donald […]
Click 2 Call In