- Africa: Third Trump Try to Fill Senior Africa Policy Post[allAfrica] After two abandoned attempts to fill the highest Africa position in the White House, the Trump team is considering a career intelligence officer.
- Africa: Global Govt Funding for HIV Falls to Lowest Level in Seven Years[UNAIDS] Donor government funding to support HIV efforts in low- and middle-income countries decreased by US$511 million from US$7.5 billion in 2015 to US$7 billion in 2016, finds a new report from the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS). This marks the second successive year of declines, and is the lowest level […]
- Africa: Science Opens New Doors in Fight Against HIV[IAS] Paris - Studies point to new approaches and tools to strengthen the global HIV response
- South Africa: Everything Ramaphosa Does Is to Please White People - Malema[News24Wire] Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa does not qualify for South African tenders because "he is not black enough and he has done everything in his life to please white people", Economic Freedom Fighters leader Julius Malema said on Tuesday.
- Ethiopia: Who Takes the Blame for Ailing State of Healthcare in State Hospitals?[Addis Standard] "You have to apologize to the health professionals as we believe that you disrespected the professionals and the improvements made in the health sector," reads a letter written in Amharic on 3 July, 2017, and was sent to the national broadcaster, Ethiopian Broadcasting Service (EBS). The letter was written by the Ethiopian Medical […]
- Africa: Tide Turns in Aids Fight But Too Many Still Die[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Dakar -"Stigma and a lack of information and knowledge about HIV and AIDS across Africa means a huge number of people are getting left behind"
- Nigeria: Lagos Council Elections Official Results[Premium Times] The election into chairmanship and councillorship positions in Lagos held on July 22 across the 20 local government areas and 37 local council development areas.
- Zambia: Emergency Powers Threaten Media Freedom[IFEX] The International Press Institute (IPI) today expressed concern over the imposition of emergency powers in Zambia and recent comments made by the inspector-general of police that some publications could be closed while the 90-day state of emergency was in place.
- Nigeria: 'I Am Making Good Progress,' Buhari Writes Guinean President Conde[Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari has written to thank the President of Guinea, Alpha Conde, for the nationwide prayers held last week by Guineans for his recovery and good health.
- Ethiopia: Dairy, Meat Exports Surge[Addis Fortune] The Ethiopian Meat & Dairy Industry Development Institute reported that the country generated 104 million dollars from meat, honey, wax, fodder products, and milk and dairy exports during the recently ended fiscal year.
- UntitledZimbabwe Mobile Industry Generates $200m in RevenueBy Taurai MangudhlaHeraldZimbabwe's mobile network industry has grown to become a significant sector of the economy, generating close to $200 million in quarterly revenues and a sizable profits for the three network operators.The recent acquisition of Telecel Zimbabwe by the Government and successful completion of a $220 million network […]
- UntitledZimbabwe: 'I Miss My Husband,' Says Joice MujuruZimbabwean politician Joice Mujuru with her late husband Gen. Solomon Mujuru.INTERVIEWZimbabwe StandardFormer vice president Joice Mujuru is slowly building her profile as an opposition leader after she was unceremoniously kicked out of Zanu PF over allegations that she was involved in a plot to assassinate President Robert Mugabe.Mujuru […]
- UntitledDrug-Resistant HIV Strain Hits ZimbabweBy Paidamoyo ChipunzaSenior HealthHeraldTwo out of 30 HIV-positive people on anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in Zimbabwe have shown signs of resistance to commonly used and most affordable drugs Efavirenz and Nevirapine, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has said.According to the WHO 2017 HIV drug resistance report, Zimbabwe is among six countries out […]
- UntitledZimbabwe: 'Total Economic Revival Can't Be Achieved Overnight'By Leonard NcubeHeraldFinance and Economic Development Minister Patrick Chinamasa has called for patience among Zimbabweans, saying total economic revival cannot be achieved overnight.Speaking at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Zimbabwe (ICAZ) Winter School, which ended at the weekend, Minister Chinamasa said Zimbabweans should not expect miracles in […]
- UntitledZimbabwe: Gunfire At Chiadzwa...One Person Killed, Three Seriously InjuredBy Abel ZhakataHeraldOne person was killed, while three others were seriously injured when Zimbabwe Consolidated Diamond Company (ZCDC) Private Limited security guards fired at over 200 armed illegal diamond panners who broke into the firm's premises in Chiadzwa last week.The panners intended to pounce on the plant's […]
Click 2 Call In