- Nigeria:Anambra Election - Obiano 'Breaches' Electoral Law, Addresses Voters At Polling Centre[Premium Times] Incumbent Governor of Anambra State, Willie Obiano, came under attacks Saturday after addressing his supporters at a polling unit, with activists accusing him of violating the Electoral Act.
- Zimbabwe:Thousands Mass Into Harare Against Mugabe[New Zimbabwe] BLACKS, whites, the old and the young have all came together in Harare this Saturday morning braving the chill weather and speaking one language - President Robert Mugabe must go.
- Nigeria:Six Killed in Maiduguri Suicide Attacks - Police[Premium Times] Police in Borno State said at least six person, including four suicide bombers, died during an apparently coordinated suicide attacks by Boko Haram insurgents in Maiduguri on Saturday.
- Nigeria:Four Parties Do Battle in Anambra State Governorship Elections[Premium Times] Today's election in Anambra will go down as one of the most anticipated governorship elections in the history of Nigeria.
- Zimbabwe:'Mugabe Likely to Go Gracefully, Mnangagwa Unlikely to Stay Long' – Former U.S. Diplomat[allAfrica] Herman J. Cohen was the first President George Bush's top Africa diplomat, serving as Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs from 1989 to 1993.
- Nigeria:Former Senate President Pius Anyim to Remain in Custody[Premium Times] A former Senate President, Pius Anyim, will most likely spend Friday night in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, PREMIUM TIMES learnt.
- South Africa:Heavily Armed Men Gun Down Five People in Shopping Complex[News24Wire] A group of heavily armed gunmen shot and killed five people and injured two more when they stormed the Vulindlela shopping complex in KwaDlangezwa near Empangeni on Friday evening.
- South Africa:Granting Mugabe Asylum Is a Hot Potato[News24Wire] With pressure mounting against President Robert Mugabe to step down, the issue of where he would seek asylum has become a hotly contested issue, with many saying South Africa is the obvious choice.
- Africa:The World Is Losing the Battle Against Child Labour[IPS] Buenos Aires -The IV Global Conference on the Sustained Eradication of Child Labour, which drew nearly 2000 delegates from 190 countries to the Argentine capital, left many declarations of good intentions but nothing to celebrate.
- Kenya:Raila Odinga Back in Kenya From U.S. Amid Chaos in Nairobi[East African] Kenya police used teargas to disperse Raila Odinga's supporters who had gathered along Mombasa Road in the capital Nairobi to welcome him back to the country Friday.
- UntitledWorld Reacts to Zimbabwe Defense Forces InterventionGuinea President Alpha Conde is current African Union Chair.November 17, 2017Felex Share Senior Reporter—HeraldUNITED Nations Secretary-General Mr António Guterres yesterday called for calm and preservation of human rights following the political and socio-economic stabilisation intervention by the Zimbabwe Defence Forces on Wednesday.This comes as the Sadc Organ on Politics, […]
- UntitledPresident Mugabe, General Chiwenga MeetNovember 17, 2017Herald Reporter—PRESIDENT Mugabe yesterday met Zimbabwe Defence Forces (ZDF) Commander General Constantino Guveya Chiwenga at State House in Harare. The meeting, that was also attended by South African envoys comprising Defence Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula and State Security Minister Bongani Bongo, was also attended by Roman Catholic cleric Father Fidelis […]
- UntitledZANU-PF Talks: We Have Made Progress: ZDFNovember 17, 2017Herald Reporter—The Zimbabwe Defence Forces say significant progress has been made in their operation to weed out criminals around President Mugabe adding that they had accounted for some of the criminals in order to bring them to justice though others were still at large. No names were […]
- UntitledEDITORIAL COMMENT: Peace-loving Zimbabwe, ZDF Should Be CommendedNovember 17, 2017Opinion & AnalysisZimbabwe HeraldAs events in Zimbabwe continue to unfold, with the situation remaining calm as people across different sectors of life go about their business normally, we should commend the Zimbabwe Defence Forces for sticking to the statement that they issued on November 15, that […]
- UntitledZanu-PF Needs Candid Inter-generational TalkNovember 17, 2017Lovemore Ranga Mataire Senior WriterZimbabwe HeraldAt any critical juncture of a country’s trajectory, the truth is always the first casualty. Out of uncertainty and genuine fear, many journalists fail to objectively assess the impact of certain developments on ordinary people especially if such issues involve the military. The dream […]
Click 2 Call In